Around the Children's Rights in 7 days
From Belgium to Switzerland via France, the Caravan of Children's Rights was on its way to its 3rd edition of September 9 to 16, 2015!
This training tour is organized by the DCI - Belgium (Defence for Children International) with the Interdisciplinary Center for Children's Rights, the Interfaculty Centre for Child Rights of the University of Geneva and the International Institute of Child Rights and Dynamo International. The Caravan of children's rights trains professionals of childhood and youth on children's rights by the discovery of international institutions.
We celebrate the 25th anniversary of the International Convention on Children's Rights and thirty workers from different countries and professional background were trained to the possible resorts and procedures for the protection of children’s rights in European and UN institutions. Professionals from the Democratic Republic of Congo, Burkina Faso, Benin, Belgium, Switzerland and France have met and exchanged various members of the international scene dealing with the children’s rights. Of these, there were:
• Anna Rurka, President of the Conference of INGOs of the Council of Europe.
• Susie Morgan, Coordinator of Children's Rights Program.
• The Themis Association of Strasbourg.
• Philip Jaffé, Director of the Interfaculty Centre Children's Rights.
• Jorge Cardona and Renate Winter, Members of the Children's Rights Committee.
This training was full of experience and highlights the need to know and increasingly defend children’s rights.